Marital infidelity is a dangerous practice, there is no doubt about that. It poses threats to nearly every aspect of a relationship, from trust and emotional wellbeing to the physical dangers of promiscuity, namely sexually transmitted diseases.
What about a threat to your life?
While the American Heart Association says that sexual activity is ok for most people with heart issues, they did have some interesting statistics.
A recent study has shown that the most likely people to experience sudden death during sexual activity are men engaging in extramarital sex. Typically, these men are with a younger partner in an unfamiliar setting, and have recently consumed an excessive amount of food and/or alcohol. This makes having an affair all the more dangerous, especially if you have a history of heart trouble. The best way to avoid the whole issue is to simply avoid having an extramarital affair.
There are steps you can take to help keep your marriage from becoming at risk for an affair, and help strengthen your relationship regardless of its current status. For more information on “at risk” behavior, and tips to stopping it before an affair develops, check out the Affair Proof Your Marriage System today!
If you've already been impacted by an affair, don't give up, your marriage can actually survive an affair and even be better than ever before if you take the right steps to deal with your cheating spouse. Watch the video below for 7 Steps to Recover from an Affair to save (and strengthen) your marriage today!
Want to Register for Our Free Webinar
"5 Secrets to Save Your Marriage"Feeling stuck? Want to save your marriage but aren't sure how? Register for our FREE "5 Secrets to Save Your Marriage" Webinar and you'll discover:
- The answer to "Can my marriage be saved?" Dr. Dana Fillmore will tell you how almost any marriage can be saved even if you’re the only one working on it
- 4 Relationship Myths that are probably getting in your way – Believing in these myths can actually prevent you from saving your marriage
- How to avoid common mistakes you may be making in your marriage. Did you know that most people’s attempts to save their marriage fail?
- The most important thing you need to do to save your marriage – And you’ll be surprised it’s practical and easy to apply for almost everyone
- Clear, straightforward steps that you can take immediately to get your marriage on track
Dr Dana and Amy Barnhart with The Save My Marriage System